Thursday 22 July 2010

Newsletter July 2010

I have decided to do a newsletter on the blog, so that I can just e-mail the link, and share it on Facebook and Twitter. Its just so much easier, and since my internet access is restricted to my Blackberry at the moment, I can actually get around to do it.

This month has been very good. The Lord has shown His love and mercy to me in a way I can not describe. So many people have started to join us in the weekly outreaches to the hospitals and clinics. More people can simply reach more people. We have seen God perform miracles through the hands of people who have never prayed for the sick before. God is faithful to His Word, and He will do what He promised. His Word says that these attesting signs will follow them that believe, one of which is that they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover. We did just that, and many people experienced an immediate change in their symptoms. Mostly the effect was that the pain would be gone immediately, but some people's ears were restored, or could walk better, or could do things they couldn't do before. Praise the Lord. All glory to Him. What we need to realise, is that the scripture mentioned above (Mark 16) says something about our identity. The signs will follow them that believe. We are "them that believe", so now its simple. Because we are "them that believe" we just lay our hands on the sick in simplicity, and the signs do follow us. Jesus is still the same yesterday, today and forever.

The thing God spoke to me this month that touched me most was just a reminder of something He told me eleven years ago as I got saved. Its so close to my heart, and I can't help but get a bit emotional when thinking about it. Phil 1:6 And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return], developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you.

Eleven years ago I was completely depressed, because I was so conscious of my sin. I SOO wanted to change myself. My whole life revolved around changing, because I loathed who I was. Just to give you an idea of what I experienced, I would literally feel like someone hit me in the gut with force if I were just reminded of my sin. My heart felt like there were thousands of fishing hooks stuck in it, being pulled together with string. I would be sick and then brush my teeth till my gums bled. I felt totally empty and it felt like my soul was bled dry, but I couldn't show it, just in case someone found out. I couldn't let anyone know. Every sentence, every move was premeditated and calculated. I would look cheerful, but after closing the door behind me I would collapse in silent tears, just in case someone was listening at the door. I couldn't show weakness, I couldn't be caught off guard. I went for every course. I went for deliverance sessions. I was so hungry for anything that could help me. All the courses was about what I had to do about my sin, and it only gave me a fresh remembrance of the sin.

My dear friend Jacques Botha, a big rugby player filled with the Spirit of God, used to just be there for me, not judging me, or trying to change me. Every time I would ask him one of my complicated philosophical questions, he would reply the same thing: I don't know, but I just know that the work God started in your life, He will complete.

He was right! Ten years ago, I had an experience with Jesus in my room. The reality of Christ entered my life like a rushing flood, taking away my torment and anguish, replacing it with joy and peace. Since then, God has done so much. This scripture is so true. I was really in the deepest hole, unable to help myself, and Jesus started a work in me, and He still helps me, and changes me daily. He will do the same for you, no matter who you are, what you are, what you did, or where you are. He will help you. Stop trying to save yourself, and let Him do His work in you.

I pray that you will experience the Lord Jesus Christ in reality as I do, and even more. He is truly the same yesterday, today and forever.

Gerrit

2 comments:

Lene Wessels said...

Dis Awesome!!!

Lené

Anonymous said...

I agree it is awesome, thanks for sharing it. May it serve as an encouragement for many. Bless you.