Tuesday 23 September 2008

A life changed in an instant

I go to Mamelodi Township in the east of the Pretoria Metropolitan Area, South Africa, and I go there often. Today I went there with Vihann, with no particular plan, but to bring life. The Lord Jesus Christ showed me in a vision that He is the Tree of Life. The fruit of the Tree of Life is His Word. John6:63 says "The flesh has no benefit, but the Words that I speak unto you are spirit and they are life." I have feasted on the Word of God for the past 8 years. What the Lord also showed me, was that the effect of eating the fruit of the Tree of Life, is change. If I eat His Word, I become a tree that bears the same fruit. Ps 1 says: Blessed is the man who walks not after the council of the ungodly, nor stand in the circles of the scoffers, or sit in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the Word of the Lord. He shall be like a tree planted by the living waters! I went with the vision in my heart of being a tree of life to the people there.

I met a pastor from Zambia, who was completely confused by what he had heard from theological studies at UNISA. It bothered him a lot. I just started speaking, and the Lord spoke right into his heart. I told him that the Gospel is Good News, not complicated laws. There is a distinct difference between the Gospel of Christ, and the laws of accusation and condemnation preached in some places. Law and grace can never mix. The old and the new is set apart from each other.


I told him that there are two messages. One is what we must do in order to please God. This is not the Gospel. The other is what Jesus Christ did for us on the cross. This is the Gospel. If someone boasts in revelation, and that revelation is not the Cross of Christ, that is no revelation at all, but human reasoning. There is no revelation of God, apart from the Crucified Christ. Any other revelation is no revelation at all. There is much to reveal about the Cross of Christ. We will still receive revelation on what He did on the cross for all eternity! Paul writes in 1 Cor 2:2 I want to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified, verse 6 "Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, [even] the hidden [wisdom], which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known [it], they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
2:10 But God hath revealed [them] unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

He was set at peace, and felt a great burden leave him. I prayed for him and he felt the power of God moving through him. Then I started telling him about Acts 19

I Acts 19:11-12 cloths that just touched the body of Paul was taken to the sick, and they were healed. The woman with the issue of blood just touched the hem of Jesus' garment (Matt 9:20-21 etc.), and she was healed. So I told him that the anointing of Christ, the physical manifestation of His presence, the power of God can come upon material things like a cloth.

I received a prayer talith from a good friend a couple of years ago. This cloth went with me to all the anointed services I went to. I went through the bath of bethesda (at Spirit Word Ministries, Stilfontein, South Africa - Prophet Kobus van Rensburg) scores of times with this cloth. I was anointed hundreds of times wearing this cloth. The cloth was anointed by the prophet, by another prophet, Marnes Nel, Potchefstroom, and I had very strong real and powerful experiences with God while praying with this cloth. Last week God told me to cut it into pieces, and hand it out to hungry people. So I cut it into 32 pieces, anointed each one with oil I have been praying over for months, also mixed with oil Prophet Kobus prayed over, and oil of Marnes Nel. As I anointed each cloth, I felt the power of God very strongly. On Sunday I started handing out the cloths to people. I had one in my pocket this morning.

I took it out, and told the pastor, that the power of God is on that cloth, and that the spiritual substance of the anointing is resting on that cloth. I explained the scriptures and the reality of it to him. When I gave him the cloth, he fell out under the power like a bag of potatoes. When he came to, he was shaking like a leaf. His whole body was pins and needles. He felt the anointing of God come upon his life. I told him to keep the cloth close to him, and enjoy the experience of the presence of God. Immanuel. God is with us! He couldn't even stand properly. He wanted to walk us back to the car, but couldn't. A hungry heart was touched by the reality of Jesus Christ!

To our Lord Jesus Christ be all glory and honour!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey gerit dis jacques ek wil net vir jou dankie se vir die graet skrif wat ek nou gelees het.dit het my so gebles toe jy jou gebeds doekie vir daardie pastoor gegee het. ek het myne by Marnes gekry en van dat ek hom het gebeer net gooie goed met my. Jesus is koning